The Primary Advantages of Travel Insurance for Vietnam
Vietnam is a place like no other. Over the years, this country of culture, tradition, and history has found its place in the bucket list of globetrotters. However, to plan a trip to Vietnam from India, you must take care of air tickets, hotel reservations, passport, visa, local currency, and, most importantly, travel insurance for Vietnam.
You may face some unplanned situations on your trip, like a sudden illness, loss of luggage, cancellation of flights, etc., which can ruin your travel budget. A travel policy will help you handle sudden expenses that arise on your trip to Vietnam. Moreover, you can avail of a corporate travel policy if your employer has it for their employees.
If you are wondering about buying a travel policy for Vietnam, read further to know the advantages of it.
Some Quick Facts About Vietnam
|Time Zone||GMT + 7|
|International Airport||Noi Bai International Airport|
|Languages Spoken||Vietnamese, Khmer, Chinese, English, and French|
|Best months to travel||March and April|
Is it Mandatory to Buy Vietnam Travel Insurance ?
No, it is not mandatory to buy insurance for Vietnam travel. However, an adequate travel insurance plan from a trusted insurer like Tata AIG can protect you financially in unforeseen situations on your trip.
For example, if you lose or misplace your passport, cash or luggage, travel insurance for Vietnam can reimburse your losses so that you can get adequate replacements.
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Vietnam
Although Vietnam is a safe tourist destination, there can be instances of theft, pick-pocketing, flight delays, etc., like any other tourist destination. Moreover, vector-borne diseases like malaria and Dengue fever are common in the country.
You may be exposed to such risks when making a trip to this lovely country. Consider buying travel insurance for Vietnam online to safeguard yourself against such incidents.
In addition to these, there are several other benefits of buying travel insurance when visiting Vietnam. These are:
- Medical benefits: The medical benefits of a travel insurance plan are expansive and include medical expenses, medical evacuation, accidental death on the trip and repatriation. In addition, you get coverage for expenses related to accidents and sickness on the trip. Moreover, the policy covers hospitalisation for COVID-19.
- Cover for delayed or cancelled flights: Flight delays and cancellations can create a lot of stress and add significantly to your trip expenses. A travel insurance plan covers flight delays and cancellations, helping you save your travel budget from going haywire.
- Cover for loss of luggage and passport: If your luggage gets delayed, damaged or lost at the airport, your travel policy will reimburse you adequately. Additionally, the loss of a passport is also covered under the policy.
- Personal liability: If you become liable to a third party on your trip due to any of the reasons covered, the insurance company will take care of all such expenses.
Where Can I Get Vietnam Travel Insurance?
You can visit the official website of an insurer of your choice and buy reasonably priced travel insurance for Vietnam online. Before finalising a travel policy, ensure that you completely understand its coverage, inclusions, and exclusions.
You can include some add-ons to your travel insurance plan to increase the extent of its coverage. Moreover, you can use the online calculator on the insurer’s website to know the premium payable for a sum insured of your choice.
Documents Required to Get a Tourist Visa to Vietnam
- Duly filled Vietnam visa for Indians application form.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after the end of your trip.
- Copy of the passport’s first and last page.
- Round ticket air ticket booking details and proof of accommodation.
- Recent passport-size photographs.
- Last three months’ bank statements.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- A negative COVID-19 RT PCR report.
Things to Keep in Mind When Travelling to Vietnam
- Carry enough local currency since you may not find many ATMs in Vietnam.
- Vietnam has a traditional and ancient culture. Therefore, it is best to be dressed appropriately.
- Keep your travel documents, including your visa on arrival and travel insurance, handy so that you can produce them whenever required.
- Make copies of your flight tickets, visa, and other travel documents as a backup.
Vietnam is a culturally rich country where travellers find peace and ample natural beauty. If you are planning a trip to the country, a travel insurance policy can protect you from unplanned expenses on your vacation.